Risotto is one of the Italian classics I really enjoy cooking. I use Carnaroli rise which plump grains create a creamy and velvety risotto. It is meant be creamy but don’t panic! For those on a diet or on a healthy-eating program, here is my way to make it – no cream at all, just olive oil and low fat cheese. Hope you enjoy it!
- 200-250g Carnaroli rice
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 of a red pepper
- 1 onion
- 100-200g fine beans
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock
- salt, pepper, bay leaves
1. Chop the veggies (and mushrooms)
2. In a saucepan with 4-5 tbsp of olive oil put the onion and garlic to fry lightly (or sauté) until transparent.
3. Add the carrot, pepper and fine beans.
5. Add the rice to the saucepan, stir for a while so the rice gets the vegetables flavours. After a while add the stock and cover with the boiling water from the kettle.
6. Stir often so the rice gives off the starch that will make it go creamy.
7. Add the mushrooms and every time the saucepan seems to get dry add more water until the rice get the consistency you like… serve and grate some low fat cheese on top… and buon appetito!